[Foundation-l] Wikipedia ... but where are you going ... (was:Enforcing WP:CITE ...)

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Dec 7 01:02:18 UTC 2005

Daniel Mayer wrote:

>>It is one case ... things have been corrected as soon as the error was
>>seen ... well, where's the problem?
>>

>The libelous statements remained uncorrected for 4 months and were spread to hundreds of Wikipedia
>mirrors. We not only failed to correct the error, but our license allowed it to be spread all over
>the Internet.

That is not an interesting statement.  If you were to claim "...and [x]
people read that article", that would be more interesting.  The fact
that an obscure article had misinformation that was not corrected
because virtually nobody ever read the article isn't particularly
worrisome.  If we were talking of [[en:Margaret Thatcher]], containing
misinformation for 4 months that thousands of people read, I would be
more worried.

-Mark