[Foundation-l] Jimbo Wales = Sergey Brin = Bill Gates

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat Dec 3 23:25:44 UTC 2005

Ray Saintonge wrote:
> Sabine Cretella wrote:

>> Please note that negative articles are not always really negative.
>> People react more to negative news than to positive ones - so having
>> negative news means that more people will look at "that page"
>> mentioned in an article - and if that page is good they will say to
>> themselves "I don't know what this guy has ... it is ok" ... so the
>> negative news has/had a positive effect in the end.

> It's a reminder of the old quote, (with apologies that I can't CITE the
> source. :-) ), "You can say anything you want about me as long as you
> spell my name correctly."

Indeed. "Please don't go to that appalling site wikipedia.org. That's
WIKIPEDIA DOT ORG. And especially don't enter a search for anything you
might be interested in or want to look up, and REALLY don't hit the
'Edit this page' link. They're MAD, BAD and PERVERTED! Especially don't
look up the scholarly and encyclopedically-toned articles on [[penis]],
[[clitoris]] or [[autofellatio]], kids!"

- d.