[Foundation-l] Re: Sources and sourceability

Brian brian0918 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:52:20 UTC 2005

Lars Aronsson wrote:

>Brian wrote:
>

>>On the contrary, any published books, such as.... Encyclopaedia
>>Britannica, has every single one of the its facts checked
>>against each individual source. This is a requirement of the
>>publisher, and of the company.
>>

>This is an interesting statement.  What sources do you have for
>your description of how the editors of EB work?  Has this been
>documented in public?

Danny originally brought this fact up because he is writing a reference
book as part of a series of books to be published. Every single one of
the statements he made in the book had to have a source. He said it took
several months for every one of his facts to be checked against every
single source. This is how it works in the world of publishing. We have
simply side-stepped this out of laziness, in my opinion.