[Foundation-l] Sources and sourceability

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sat Dec 3 14:46:00 UTC 2005

I want to outline my position here, so that there is no misunderstanding,  as
there seems to be.

1. I am NOT saying that every fact in Wikipedia must be sourced or  removed.
2. I am saying that every fact in Wikipedia should be SOURCEABLE.
3. I am not saying that everyone must give their sources whenever they  edit.
4. I am saying that we can encourage people to work on a project to find
sources for each fact, just like we have encouraged people to fix commas or
categorize stubs.
5. I am not saying that people who cannot source should be discouraged from
editing.
6. I am saying that we should encourage people to find sources, for their
own work and for other's work as well.
7. I am saying that there are many different types of sources, and we  should
find ways of including them. (BTW, in a previous job I worked extensively
with oral histories, which are a wonderful source of information, even if they
must always be verified).
7. Finally, I am saying that high quality is NOT something we can  compromise.

Danny