[Foundation-l] Enforcing WP:CITE the Soi case

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 04:34:52 UTC 2005

On 12/2/05, Brian <brian0918 at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2005-December/005312.html
>
> I especially like the option to include "cited text" and "paraphrase".
> So, as his sample image shows, we can essentially cite every bit of an
> article, thus becoming as sourced as any published book or encyclopedia,
> but better!.. because our sources are public, whereas with Britannica,

That would be more sourced than most published books or encyclos.

We can also track and show (as mouseover text?) the contributed-date
and contributing-user for every word/set of words in an article.
There are a few nuances in getting the attribution right, but we can
at least offer a first-approximation without much work.  Figuring out
how to effectively store and render that information, is another
question...

++SJ