[Foundation-l] Enforcing WP:CITE the Soi case

Jim trodel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 18:37:53 UTC 2005

> >> SJ wrote:
> >> Having citations is fundamental to being a good reference work.
> >>
> >> This is *not* ( I say it again ) related to deletion policy.
> >
> Walter van Kalken wrote:
> > Yes SJ you will be able to handle it in a correct matter and so will
> > many other wikipedians.

The policy says: "The goal of Wikipedia is to become a complete and reliable
encyclopedia. Verifiability is the key to becoming a reliable resource, so
editors should cite credible
sources<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cite_sources>so that
their edits can be easily verified by readers and other editors."

I see no problem with citing to "the experience of anyone in the society."
And although a controversy may arise - usually something so common will have
citations available somewhere and smart people will be able to find them -
as they did here. If not, as someone else said - appeal to common sense.

Jim