[Foundation-l] Enforcing WP:CITE the Soi case

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Fri Dec 2 17:04:47 UTC 2005

>> Having citations is a good thing but please realise that it is best
>> used when controversies arise.
>

> Having citations is fundamental to being a good reference work.
>
> This is *not* ( I say it again ) related to deletion policy.
>
> SJ

Yes SJ you will be able to handle it in a correct matter and so will
many other wikipedians. But you must admit we have a group of users who
will read this and take it as a golden rule and start upsetting people.
There are lots of wikipedians who simply do not read something as a
whole. They just read MUST CITE and that is what they'll remember and
they go on causing havoc. And it will be worse in other languages. More
than once I had to stop somebody who was citing english wikipedia rules
which are not applicable to nl.wikipedia.

Now you and me unfortunately do not have the time to watch the
respective wikis we work on 24 hours a day. So before you start writing
this down please thank about it.

Waerth/Walter