[Foundation-l] Most read US newpaper blasts Wikipedia

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 00:12:07 UTC 2005

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Delirium wrote:

> Perhaps we should make the disclaimers more prominent?  There are plenty of
> possible ways people could be damaged other than libel---for example, someone
> could rely on a wholly made-up bit of medical advice.

Let us by all means make disclaimers more prominent.  It is too late for
the project not to be successful -- from a position of strength the
community can afford to be more self-critical, and even to start
generating our own harsh statistics on how [in]accurate or [un]referenced
our content is.

More suited to wikipedia-l, since we're talking about that; re-adding it
to the Cc: list.

--SJ