[Foundation-l] Fwd: [Wikinews-l] Licensure straw poll

Dariusz Siedlecki datrio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 15:04:25 UTC 2005

2005/8/31, Jean-Baptiste Soufron <jbsoufron at gmail.com>:
> Still, there are other projects using GFDL that would benefit from a
> correct - and clear - compatibility. Plus, we should not stick to your
> case only and I am certain that there are some wp contributors who would
> be happy to be able to re-use wn content.

Okay, I'll be bold - from a NPOV, the CC licenses are the best for us
and GFDL in its current state is way below them. But there's one
problem. Reusing content.

Still, note this - do we really want to attach 10 pages of GFDL
license to our print edition? I think a simple "Licensed under
CC-By-SA 2.5 (http://creativecommons.org/etc/etc)" would be okay - and
this is exactly what a text licensed under CC needs.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Dariusz "Datrio" Siedlecki