[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia meeting today

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 27 10:24:57 UTC 2005

Dan Grey wrote:
> On 27/08/05, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>So far, the agenda includes:
>># Wikinews: license
>

> I'm slightly suprised at this item. No mention of this issue has been
> made on the English Wikinews water cooler, nor on the mailing list.
> It's a little late to begin advertising it now, too.

> A discussion about a project without actually consulting the people
> who work on it seems a little... odd. I for one am quite sure that the
> people who create content on the site would be quite interested in
> having some say in how their work is licensed.
>

> Dan

Well, it has been staying on the agenda for a lonnnnng time. And
discussed many times on the mailing list (wikinews), with some editors
contacting us so that the issue be fixed. Hence it being listed.

If you feel it would be a very very very bad idea to discuss it today as
you would prefer that wikinewsies be warned sooner, please say it so. I
guess we can find enough topics of discussion to fill up 2 hours. Open
also means people should feel free to report a major issue to be discussed.

I spent two hours this morning trying to clarify many pages on meta.

Please see the starting page
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation. I would love that
this page is completed little  by little to give a good overview of the
Foundation in less than 32 ko.

Could anyone help making the paragraphs about "where do we spent money"
and "how do we get money" give a good overview to any visitors, plus
links for deeper investigation ?

Several pages have also been clarified. Such as the official positions
and organigram ones.

I would also invite editors to comment on a draft of a role, the press
officer one, which is currently in french (I'll try to translate it
soon). I wrote it thinking of the french association press contact, but
I think it could enhance the description of Elian's role quite a bit.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Press_Officer

Anthere