[Foundation-l] Re: Improving navigation of WMF pages on meta

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 19:14:05 UTC 2005

Elisabeth Bauer wrote:
> Dan Grey wrote:
>
>> I disagree - in setting this up I read every page on meta related to
>> the Foundation. With the exception of the meta budget page (redundant
>> with the WMF wiki page - something that patently must not be edited),
>> everything people ever desire to know is on meta. It's just buried
>> under all the other (mostly abandoned) pages.
>>
>> Think about what people want to know:
>>
>> *Who runs the Foundation - the Board
>> *Where the money gets spent - the Budget
>> *Who does what - the Departments
>> *How does the place work (nerd pages) - the Servers
>> *Anything local to me? - the Chapters
>> *I'm a journalist - Press
>

> As a journalist, you shouldn't be on Meta. Meta is the place for the
> community, to work at wikimedia level. Not for public representation.
> That's what http://wikimediafoundation.org is for.
>
> greetings,
> elian

possibly, but community must also know how to join the press team or
where things should be handled. So a press page on meta can make sense,
WITH a huge mention on top telling journalists where to go.

This said, one of the pages I most often indicated to journalists on
meta, is the logo page, where they can download the high resolution logos.

Ant