[Foundation-l] Banned from Wikimedia IRC channels

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Sat Aug 20 18:58:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

Since I idn't get any answer from wikitech-l and that is not a really a
technical issue, I post again here.

Yann

Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] Problem with Wikimedia IRC channels
Date: Saturday 20 August 2005 19:50
From: Yann Forget <yann at forget-me.net>
To: Wikimedia developers <wikitech-l at wikimedia.org>

Hi,

Thanks Datrio for your answer.

Le Friday 19 August 2005 19:13, Dariusz Siedlecki a écrit :
> 2005/8/19, Yann Forget <yann at forget-me.net>:
> > Can someone explain me why I got this when trying to join Wikimedia
> > IRCchannels ?
>
> I can't see anything on the ban list, which could be a ban for your
> hostmask. Could you try joining #wikipedia? There are no bans there.
>
> Also, what's your hostname? PM me when you'll connect to the server
> (my nick's Datrio).

I was told that I was banned because I use Tor.
However I DO NOT use Tor to connect to IRC and Wikimedia channels and I have
 a registred nick. Therefore I really don't understand why I am banned.

Thanks,
Yann

--
http://www.non-violence.org/ | Site collaboratif sur la non-violence