[Foundation-l] Re: Information flow

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Thu Aug 18 15:32:39 UTC 2005

In a message dated 8/18/2005 10:52:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
andrew.lih at gmail.com writes:

As  Delphine said, there are things from the spirit of wiki that we can
and  should carry over - transparency, volunteerism
(self-identification for  tasks), assume good faith. Others, like
phantom authority and rollback  (anyone/everyone having veto-power)
don't have a place at the board/officer  level. To sooner we realize
not all wiki concepts map over, the  better.

Thank you, Andrew and Delphine for pointing this out. It is important that
people realize that beyond being a pleasant website and a friendly community,
this is also a legal entity with financial and other obligations. Jimmy and
the  Board bear enormous responsibility. They have to deal with other
organizations,  including large corporations such as Google and Yahoo, they have to face
 potential legal threats, and they have to broker and approve deals which
provide  us with much needed financial support. I am quite impressed by how
transparent  they have been, but I also understand when the nature of certain
things in  the works requires a certain degree of discretion. I know that they will
 continue to keep up the outstanding work that they have done so far.

Danny