[Foundation-l] Research access to logs

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Tue Aug 16 19:14:58 UTC 2005

Sisay Fissaha Adafre wrote:

> http://www.science.uva.nl/~sfissaha/Proj_Outline.pdf

I'm not representing the Foundation or community, I'm just curious
about what your research tries to accomplish.

It seems one of your goals (described under "Benefits for
Authors") is to change how Wikipedia works.  Have you tried this
in a smaller scale?  Do you have a link to a working prototype?

Under "Approach" you mention "analysis of existing query logs",
but what is that?  Logs of things written into the search field?
Users are of course writing search queries in a way that gives
some useful result, mostly one word searches, and not full
sentence questions in natural language.  This is very different
from what the user really "needs", something you could only find
out by interviewing real users.

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)