[Foundation-l] Wikimania 2006 - host city contest to open onSeptember 1st 20

Zachary Harden zscout370 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 03:13:56 UTC 2005

Dear All,

While I agree with the idea that we should send it all over the world year
after year, we North Americans are stuck. My country, the United States, is
very hard to get into and some of our Wikipedians from overseas will have
problems getting in, such as those coming from China. So, if the USA is out
of the question, why not try our neighbors up north, Canada? Well, if
Wikipedians have been convicted of a crime, they can see them being denied
entry. Such crimes include DUI's, can restrict this entry. Plus, Mexico and
other nations in that region might not have what we need. I know Japan can
be a good host, but other than Japan and some of Europe, we pretty much
can't really go anywhere else.

Regards,

Zachary Harden (Zscout370)