[Foundation-l] Re: document_all

Phil Boswell phil.boswell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 12:16:11 UTC 2005

"Robin Shannon" <robin.shannon at gmail.com>
wrote in message news:623d73380508010010700aafe2 at mail.gmail.com...
On 8/1/05, Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com>
wrote:
> > ...and that's why the mailing list strips attachments. :)
> >
> > -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
>
> And yet you manage to have one in your sig.
> /me smells something fishy.  :)

Just in case this is misunderstood by someone who misses the smiley, or
deliberately turned into troll-food, the "attachment" associated with
Brion's messages in some clients is how his PGP signature is interpreted. It
is an artefact which only appears if your client cannot interpret it
directly. Outlook Express, for example, shows almost all of Brion's messages
as *two* attachments, one "text file" with the actual message and one ".asc
file" with the signature.

It's very annoying for me running OE because I have to exert extra effort to
read Brion's messages, which are usually pretty helpful and informative. I
do understand that other clients probably do not have this problem but since
this is not my machine I don't have the choice.

HTH HAND
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]