[Foundation-l] Re: [Wikinews-l] TheWorldForum.org adds Wikinews logo

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 12:07:27 UTC 2005

Angela a écrit:
> On 4/17/05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Currently, the only officer I am aware of is Mav.
>

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Official_position lists three potential
> positions;
>     * Chief Financial Officer: Daniel Mayer
>     * Developer Liaison: -
>     * Election Officials: Varies with each election
>
> The possible splitting of "Developer Liaison" into Developer Liaison
> and Server Liaison was discussed recently.
>
> The page only includes positions assigned since the existence of the
> Board. Other positions were handed out by Jimmy before that. The only
> ones I remember are
> Content Partnership Co-ordinator: Erik Möller
> Spokesperson (just for the French Wikipedia?): Yann Forget
>
> Angela.

Yes. These were handled before the board was elected and when we
discussed official positions, these were not confirmed. Not being
discussed, nor listed in any official place, I considered them not valid
any more. I am sorry if I misunderstood this.

This said, Yann has continued to believe himself the porte parole of
Foundation, in spite of discussion and private mention to him by Jimbo
than he was no more. He still considers he is and acts as if he is.

Consequently, I suggest that this be rediscussed again between the 5 of
us and that these positions are confirmed or infirmed.

Ihmo, if these positions are still valid, it is so secret that even
board members are not aware of it :-)

My biggest point anyway would be that having an official position does
not give the right to take a big decision on behalf of the Foundation. I
do not feel that right myself.