[Foundation-l] Re: 501(c)(3) status granted to Wikimedia Foundation

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 18:39:21 UTC 2005

This is a great new in any cases.

Anyway, the things to do are now

* put the announcement on WMF main page (done by Angela)

* on the donation pages (done in some pages, but not all languages yet,
example
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising_%28Fran%C3%A7ais%29/D%C3%A9duction_des_dons)

* mention it in Quarto (will do)

* decide how this will be handled. I do not remember if it was discussed
yet... but will we provide the paper to the donator,

- by electronic mean. Such as a pdf... is it legal ?

- or by snail mail ? In this later case, that means forms must allow to
gather address. Someone should take care of all the paperworks (who ?).

In short, how do we plan to handle this technically speaking ? What is
possible to do with the previous ones ? There is mention that this is
retroactive. Can we do something for the grants or big donations we had ?

Ant