[Foundation-l] Re: foundation-l Digest, Vol 13, Issue 17

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 21:54:17 UTC 2005

On 4/16/05, Nicholas Moreau <beaubeaver at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Jeandré proposed on meta that Wikijunior pursue funding from the Shuttleworth Foundation (http://www.shuttleworthfoundation.org) for a Wikijunior Afrikaans print edition, to complement the English edition funded by the Beck Foundation.

Sounds like a neat idea.  iirc, there was some discussion of other
Shuttleworth grants late last year; they certainly seem like the kind
of foundation that would be eager to support Wikimedia projects.

> PS Anyone interested in what the Wikibooks sub-project will be named, I'm trying to narrow the name game down by 6 possibilities every week, allowing people a chance to "save" a name before its retired from the running.

I assume you mean from this page:
   http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikijunior_project_name

I like Keiki, myself.  I don't know how "wiki" this particular project
will be in the end.

--
+sj+