[Foundation-l] Re: foundation-l Digest, Vol 13, Issue 12

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 06:27:41 UTC 2005

>I think I can confidently say that Florence's talk was the best received and
>the most relevant to the audience, at the end of the day. She's an excellent
>speaker, by the way.

I can second this.  Anthere is amazing.  In Holland, Angela and I -- who
had far more experience talking about
Wikipedia, especially having spent the entire previous week giving
delightful (*g*) presentations at the BBC -- did
a fine job,  but Anthere really captivated the audience (well, me at
least, but I think others would agree).

--Jimbo

Hiya. Well thanks a lot for all the nice comments, Steve report as well.
Well, right, this was not the first time I talked about wikipedia, but the first time in english definitly ;-)

I could meet two finnish editors yesterday, as it was a lighter day.

Incidently, the fi wikipedia just enjoyed a little bit of advertisment in the country, as they reported a story about a famous politician who apparently copied his phd thesis on another person work, possibly 10 years ago. His diploma was not removed, but I assume this is quite bad in terms of image;

An ip recently started removing this information from the article; it was restored; THe ip removed it again.... the page is now protected.

The funny thing is that the ip removing the information was tracked... and ended up giving the address of the ... finnish parliament itself.

The story made up in the journal (apparently a big one as it was the one distributed in the plane and everyone here knows about the story). The finnish wikipedia hence got free advertisment and enjoys new editors :-)

Anthere

off for the day