[Foundation-l] TheWorldForum.org adds Wikinews logo

Robin Shannon robin.shannon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 08:58:06 UTC 2005

On 4/13/05, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.theworldforum.org/
>
> World Forum is not just using the logo. It is also claiming to be "In
> Association With Wikinews", which implies a lot more than simply
> making use of our content.
>
> The logo appears directly underneath a "Visit our advertisers" notice.
> This needs to be removed to prevent people being misled into thinking
> that their donations to the Foundation are being wasted on paying for
> advertising on such sites.
>
> Something stating that _some_ content is from Wikinews would be more
> appropriate. At the moment, the Wikinews logo appears more prominently
> than the site's own logo, giving the impression that Wikinews has far
> more influence over the site than it does.
>
> Angela.

Indeed, i dont mind having the logo on there somewhere, but it has to
be clearer that we are not a sponser, and that we are not affiliated
with thier POV. Something more like "Wikinews - content porvider" or
something.

-[[User:The bellman]]

--
hit me: <robin.shannon.id.au>
jab me: <robin.shannon at jabber.org.au>

This work is released into the public domain.
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain>