[Foundation-l] comments

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Apr 11 11:57:10 UTC 2005

Anthere wrote:

> Some rumors have been circulating in the past 2/3 days, which I find
> quite disturbing. Just today, two totally unrelated people told me (in
> good faith) that they just learned I was resigning.

I would first want to extend my sincere sympathies for your loss.  It is
far too easy to see each others only as on-line personalities while
ignoring the fact that we do all have private lives, each with a full
range of joys and sorrows.

I learned long ago not to put faith in rumours, especially not political
ones.  I had not heard this particular rumour, but before believing such
a thing I would certainly have looked for confirmation from you.  My
experience here has been that many things are said by many people based
only on their imagination of reality.  I can ignore this most of the
time, but there are other occasions when I can react with sarcasm.

I look forward not only to your completing your current term, but also
to your having many more such terms.  Your dedication to the project is
unquestioned, your accomplishments are highly commendable, and your
grasp of the philosophical underpinings of openness is a rare quality
which too many of its claimed supporters fail to understand or, more
importantly, fail to live.

Ec