[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia announces Yahoo support

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 8 02:14:13 UTC 2005

My compliments to everyone who managed to keep their lips zipped this
time around.

I'd be interested to learn, since I don't have enough occasion to use
language-specific searches on places like google.fr or de.yahoo.com - is
the integration of Wikipedia into Yahoo's French-language shortcuts a
particularly novel step? Obviously a number of players in search-related
businesses now use some type of encyclopedia to deliver more focused
results in English-language searches, but I don't know how much this has
spread to other languages yet.

--Michael Snow