[Foundation-l] Do we have a partnership with Ourmedia?

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:10:00 UTC 2005

On Mar 28, 2005 11:19 PM, Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> I complained very strongly to them about it before they launched their
> site publicly, and so I really don't know what else to say about it.
> It is not my style to speak ill of people, so I think I'll just say
> nothing at all.

Wikipedia has been removed from the partners page as a result of this
complaint.

I contacted the founders of Ourmedia about this, who basically felt
that the link suggested a potential collaboration, much in the same
way that the page at
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Collaboration_with_Ourmedia
does. It also reflected the fact that Ourmedia uses Wikipedia as a
resource on pages such as http://ourmedia.org/help/publish-audio and
has had the imput of many Wikipedians into its policies.

JD said "Partnership, to us, means that we are pursuing the same
goals. If you look at our Partners page, it makes no claim about any
formal relationship between Ourmedia and Wikipedia. This is simply a
list of sites that we're working with" and Marc said the partnership
shows that we both "support the notion of shared repositories".

The issue is also being discussed on our forums at http://ourmedia.org/node/1552

Angela.