[Foundation-l] spreading firefox

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat Oct 30 12:14:17 UTC 2004

Angela wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 06:39:54 +0200, Ashar Voultoiz <hashar at altern.org> wrote:

>>I am wondering if the foundation can help spread firefox ?

> I think this comes too close to advertising for my liking. I'd be
> interested to know if others find it appropriate though.

The current Firefox does include Wikipedia in 'Firefox Crew Picks' in
the default bookmarks of the current version, and there's a Wikipedia
search in the quicksearch bookmarks (which promptly hits our search
function directly, rather than, e.g., riding on Google).

> This was also discussed on wikitech last month:
> http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2004-September/025581.html

Yeah. I'm not sure we'll actually help ourselves declaring an explicit
allegiance to Mozilla. As much as I'd like an excuse too ;-)

- d.