[Foundation-l] Interwiki Cooperation; NSK

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Wed Oct 27 08:17:47 UTC 2004

On 27 Oct 2004, at 09:05, NSK wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 October 2004 04:26, Jens Ropers wrote:
>> DO you or DON'T you edit?
>
> Define edit.
>
>> DO you or DON'T you have an account?
>
> Define account.
>
>> You're not actually contributing to the Wikipedia.
>
> Define contributing.

Oh come on.
I don't have time* for this.

(* patience, actually)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wikistats/EN/PlotsPngWikipediansContributors.htm

> Well, as I said, Wikinerds started in August! It's a new site.

Hm. Lemme think... In Wikipedia's first three months it had gotten 37
contributors:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wikistats/EN/TablesWikipediansContributors.htm

>> besides yourself
>
> I am currently the only person who contributes content to the Wikinerds
> Community.
>
>> yet you're kinda seeing your efforts as
>> somehow fully equivalent to what has happened "in our corner".
>
> Well, perhaps I need some more sleep (sometimes I don't have sleep for
> >24h).
> I checked some of my previous posts and I think I was a bit wrong in
> some
> occasions. Perhaps it would be a good idea to develop an e-mail
> protocol with
> a "CANCEL MSG" command.
>
> Certainly, Wikinerds is not as successful as Wikipedia, yet, although
> it will
> soon be very successful.
>
>> Finally, you've ventured to advise us on what we really are and ought
>> to be
>
> Just sharing ideas. You are free to send me your ideas about my
> projects, too.
> I will read them all and reply. I love sharing ideas, even if I
> disagree with
> some of them!
>
>> (and you've persisted even when people made it very clear that
>> they perceived your advice as running counter to the very principles
>> our projects are founded upon).
>
> I am sorry; my mistake.

Apology accepted.
It takes guts to apologize, so that IS respectable.
I rest my case.

>> Imagine some person travelled to the U.S.
>
> Isn't it more beautiful to write US ? I mean, is the point really
> necessary?

These and other related issues have been, and probably are being
discussed ad nauseam in the perpetual British/International English vs.
American English face-off. I'm not getting into it here.
better. The language is called "English" after all.</troll></flamebait>

-- ropers [[en:User:Ropers]]
     www.ropersonline.com