[Foundation-l] Interwiki Cooperation; NSK

Jens Ropers ropers at ropersonline.com
Wed Oct 27 01:26:59 UTC 2004

NSK --

1. You've just written a 694 word-strong reply. You have not however
answered the question whether you edit the Wikipedia and whether or not
you have an account. You wrote:
>> I don't really have enough time to edit much on Wikipedia.
Ok, so DO you or DON'T you edit? DO you or DON'T you have an account?

2. Now correct me if I'm wrong:
You're not actually contributing to the Wikipedia.
You've not submitted any code towards MediaWiki development.
You have however downloaded the MediaWiki software which was developed
"in this corner of cyberspace" (and you're permitted to do that).
You've then set up your own website(s) with MediaWiki which you've
talked about, like, A LOT in your posts to our Wikimedia-related lists
here.
You have BIG PLANS for your website(s) but as of now little has
materialized. There don't appear to be much other contributors to your
wikis yet, besides yourself, yet you're kinda seeing your efforts as
somehow fully equivalent to what has happened "in our corner".
Finally, you've ventured to advise us on what we really are and ought
to be (and you've persisted even when people made it very clear that
they perceived your advice as running counter to the very principles
our projects are founded upon).

3. You suspect that people dislike you and that they do so because they
somehow don't want you to have your own wikis.
Lemme put it like this:
Imagine some person travelled to the U.S. Now imagine that it turns out
that that person didn't actually come as an immigrant, and didn't come
to settle in and become a citizen of the country but rather proceeded
to lecture the citizens of the U.S. that the Declaration of
Independence and all these old handwritten papers were fundamentally
unimportant because all men are not created equal and actually, certain
people are per se inferior and not to be trusted and it is ok to rape
and murder them and plunder their houses, whereas others are really not
to be blamed of anything of any consequence, whatever happens and,
err... actually...
Ahem.
Forget what I said. This last point I cede to you.

Thanks and regards,
Jens Ropers

There are two types of IT techs: The ones who watch soap operas and the
ones who watch progress bars.
http://www.ropersonline.com/elmo/#108681741955837683