[Foundation-l] Re: Formal request: Wikinews project

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Oct 15 18:45:07 UTC 2004

Erik Moeller wrote:
> If, within the first 7 days of voting, there is a 90% level of agreement
> or higher, the project can launch immediately. Seeing as this procedure
> may well become the standard for future Wikimedia project proposals, I
> find it important to minimize bureaucratic overhead for proposals which
> have an exceptionally high level of agreement, even if that may not be the
> case for Wikinews.
>
> Is this agreeable?

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but since I'm trying to
catch up today and might not get to thre rest until later this
weekend, I didn't want to hold anything up by not letting people know
how enthusiastic I am about this whole concept.

I especially strongly support Erik's proposal for a voting period and
so on, because we really must avoid the fiasco that happened after the
approval of wikispecies.

--Jimbo