[Foundation-l] wikinews and other stuff

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Fri Oct 15 16:09:00 UTC 2004

Robin-
> firstly, re: wikinews, it will be released under GFDL yes?

Currently I'm leaning towards it for reasons of compatibility. But I'd
really like to ask Jimmy to give us a quick update on where the talks with
the FSF and the Creative Commons folk stand on making the FDL 2.0 CC-SA-
compatible.

> secondly, What the hell is the difference between wikicommons and
> wikisource? They both seem to me to be depositories for pd/gfdl
> primary sources.

Yes, which is why I initially proposed Wikimedia Commons to include
what is currently on Wikisource. I still think the two should be merged.

> thirdly, who's bright idea was it to make a user in wikipedia not a
> user in wiktionary, metawiki, etc. (and vice versa), is it too late to
> make every user a cross-wiki user

A migration to single sign-on is being worked on.

Regards,

Erik