[Foundation-l] Re: Formal request: Wikinews project

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 18:21:37 UTC 2004

Andrew Lih a écrit:
> I'm heartened to hear the "grow it" strategy. Perhaps I was alarmed
> because the initial document on meta was quite ambitious. The Slashdot
> comparison is intriguing, but I tend to think of their community as a
> fleet of pundit robots from [[MST3K]], rather than a solid reporting
> crew. :)
>
> Perhaps the biggest question is that blogging and Wikipedia editing is
> largely done "in your pajamas" sitting at home. Just what level of
> original reporting can we expect to see with Wikinews? Will there be
> much pounding the pavement and getting street interviews? Photography?
> Phoners? Now that [[Podcasting]] is gaining momentum, the prospects of
> radio and TV dispatches is exciting as well. In some countries,
> getting access to news events requires official accreditation, so will
> this be an obstacle?
>
> Also, a good starting point for recruitment would be to contact the
> folks listed at: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Press_Corps
>
> -Andrew (User:Fuzheado)

Oh incidently...

Last week, I took two pictures of the french prime minister, which you
will be able to find here : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raffarin

I already put them on en as well. I hope other pedias will use them.

Hmmm... I was grabbed twice by guards while doing this...

Today, when I got to my work place, my collegues joked me, as several of
them had seen me on TV... Apparently, I was *such a bug* while trying to
take pictures... that there was more of me during the TV spot than the
minister himself. I am a bit embarassed... jeeee.