[Foundation-l] Formal request: Wikiversity project

Rebecca misfitgirl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 02:29:18 UTC 2004

The idea of creating a Wikiversity to supplement Wikibooks has been in
the pipeline for a long time. The domain name (www.wikiversity.org)
has been registered forever and I think there's a sufficient amount of
support to proceed.

I believe that it would *significantly* help Wikibooks, which  appears
to be struggling with a low contribution rate.

There's already a structure for the entire site up on Wikibooks. I've
been meaning to request this forever - I'd really like to see
Wikiversity get out of beta, and finally go live.

- ambi