[Foundation-l] Formal request: Wikinews project

Kiss All kissall at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 20:08:04 UTC 2004

You guys are going so far.
wikipedia is not designed for anything. It is for encyclopedia. We
should focus on what we should do and not to be distracted.
There are many things to do to improve wikipedia, don't waste our
limited resources to do something meaningless.
I can only expect troubles if we set up a news site.

On 10 Oct 2004 17:22:00 +0200, Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at gmx.de> wrote:
> Fred-
> > Is it proposed that Wikinews would allow original reporting? If so, how
> > would we deal with libel risks?
>
> See the proposal. All articles have to pass through a review stage before
> they are formally published. Factual statements are attributed to external
> sources or to named Wikinews reporters. Hence, the situation with regard
> to libel is the same as for any news publication: We do our best to make
> sure to prevent it, and we protect our reporters from legal harrassment if
> they have exercised due diligence.
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik

Be good....