[Foundation-l] New: Alemannic Wikipedia

Georg Schweizer gschweizer at gmx.at
Wed Oct 6 10:41:37 UTC 2004

The former Alsatian Wikipedia [als] had to broaden it’s audience to all
speakers of the Alemannic language:
http://als.wikipedia.org

I would like one of the stewards/devs/whoever to change the site’s
language name (displayed as interlanguage link titles) from
“Elsässisch” (Elsässisch/Alsatian) to “Alemannisch”:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/wikipedia/phase3/languages/
Names.php?rev=1.1.2.2&view=markup
     'als' => 'Alemannisch', # Alemannic

I’m suggesting to change the language tag in the xhtml source code from
“gem-alsatian” to “gem-CH” which is currently the most precise valid
tag for Alemannic, even if it does not include variants outside
Switzerland. However, anything like “gem-alemannic” is neither a valid
generic code nor registered by the iana nor common practice on the net.

Thirdly: Could someone *please* switch our logo?
http://als.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Wiki.png

Thank you!
—Georg