[Foundation-l] Privacy policy

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 18:51:47 UTC 2004

As a reminder, please participate or comment the future privacy policy :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Privacy_policy

I think it would be nice that we adopt this policy beginning of 2005 for
all wikimedia projects.

We could plan to link it to our preferences page as well.
Since the preference page would be modified, we could modify it as well
to welcome information about joining the foundation or local association
as members, or agreeing to our gfdl policy.

That could make an over 32k page if we are fully informative ;-)

------

In particular, I think the paragraph about retrieval of user information
(comparison of ips, user password and email address)  requires more
input than there is now, to clarify who is allowed to do this; upon
whose request; and whether user should be information of such a check.

Anthere