[Foundation-l] Wikijunior now at Wikibooks

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 01:24:55 UTC 2004

Hi

This didn't go through the first time, so I am sending it again.

This is just a heads-up that the Wikijunior project has moved to its natural
home on Wikibooks. To remind everyone, the project is intended to produce
colorful, child-friendly books about important topics that are also of interest to
kids ages 7-12. We are in the earliest stages of getting the project off the
ground, and would be glad to hear your ideas, suggestions, comments,
criticisms (okay, maybe not criticisms), and everything else you have to say.

We are also eager to find graphic artists, illustrators, and cartoonists to
help make these books as appealing as possible.

While we are working on these books in English, we plan on having parallel
series in various languages. Especially important now are French and Spanish,
though other languages are also possible. There may be some grant money
available to produce similar projects in minority languages.

Finally, the best judges of these booklets will be kids. If you have kids--or
if you can borrow, buy, or steal a kid for a couple of hours--ask them what
they think about the projects as they evolve. What would they like to see? What
do they like? What do they dislike? They are probably a lot more astute when
it comes to things like this than a bunch of adults.

To visit Wikijunior, go to http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikijunior.

Danny