[Foundation-l] Pirelli INTERNETional Award

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 6 09:08:24 UTC 2004

We have been contacted by the assistant to the Manager
of Pirelli INTERNETional Award.

Website : http://www.pirelliaward.com

The Pirelli INTERNETional Award call for contributions
to the diffusion of scientific and technological
culture, with an overall budget prize of 135,000 Euros
(about US$ 170,000), plus 25,000 Euros for this year's
Pirelli Relativity Challenge, a special prize for the
centenary of the publication of the Special Relativity
Theory: http://www.pirelliaward.com/einstein.html

Submissions to the Pirelli INTERNETional Award must
be:

1. a multimedia work
2. for the spread of scientific and technological
culture
3. of maximum 150 Megabytes in size
4. in the English and Italian language

Applications should be done online
http://www.pirelliaward.com/ch5_intro.html and work
submited via FTP by December 31st, 2004.

---------

I made a page on meta :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Pirelli_Relativity_Challenge_2005

Please, note that there are already articles in
english AND italian.

I think work is needed to get the best of the two
versions to make one common great article. And if
possible (in particular if WE WIN the award) to have
this article translated in many languages.

Of course, editors of all languages are welcome to
work on this challenge.

Berto, from it, has agreed to work on this, and help
provide a common best article.

Danny is also very excited by the idea, and will
coordinate the submission.

There is an issue on how it should be presented.

------

I also think this is a great opportunity for two
languages to cooperate, so I hope we can do this well
and in peace.

What do you all think ?

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Pirelli_Relativity_Challenge_2005