[Foundation-l] Wikipedia trademark being used incorrectly

Nicholas Moreau beaubeaver at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 17:36:42 UTC 2004

To whoever was saying there is no difference between
Wikis and Wikipedia, there is.

Wiki is to Wikipedia what Apple is to Granny Smith.
Suppose Granny Smith became the most popular apple
type, and everyone started calling every apple a
Granny Smith. Suddenly, you'd buy what you thought was
a bag of real Granny Smiths, and end up biting into a
Lodi or Gala.

You'd be disappointed.

No offense meant to Ohio or New Zealand, I just chose
random apples. And not bad apple. There's not a bad
apple in the bunch. (I'm just covering my tracks, in
case there's any Wikimedian from these areas.)

Nick Moreau
"Zanimum"