[Foundation-l] Wikipedia trademark being used incorrectly

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 13:54:49 UTC 2004

Rich Holton wrote

The real danger I see with not protecting our
trademark, even after it's registered, is the
likelihood that another "wikipedia" will do something
completely antithetical to our goals. Inevitably, some
people will then write off "wikipedias" and we will
suffer as a result. Not my idea of a good time.

I think Rich is absolutely right, so is Michael to have written to correct the mistake.

Infoanarchy may not hurt by being antithetical, but it is not neutral.
Anything that could lead people to think we follow certain political stances could hurt ut.

Anthere