[Foundation-l] Fairness

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 05:32:38 UTC 2004

Since we are talking about fairness in elections, I
need help.

I was notified my candidacy statement was unfair.

I, on the other hand, think that elections are unfair
to those who are not native english. It takes us a lot
of time to answer questions, and it is difficult to
write a short statement, while trying to make it sound
and clear to anyone. Thus, I would like that a real
english speaker edit my statement to make it appear
good, clear, respect editorial rules, style, spelling
and such. It also needs to be shorten (though I would
not say of how much exactly since I thought I was
below 500 caracters).

I would like to mention that we are trying to set a
Foundation to help a world wide project which will be
a real revolution, and I think fighting over a couple
of characters in a candidacy statement is not exactly
what I perceive as terribly interesting.

I would have preferred that candidates discuss with
each other on their background, on their opinions, on
their positions, on what they did not know, on what
they loved in the project. It would be more
constructive to do that, and it would have given more
opportunity for participants from all projects to get
to know the candidates better.

I also think comparisons of positions, and
consequently opportunity to have two candidates
working together as beneficial or destructive would
have been more easily perceived upon reading
discussions between candidates, than reading about
little fights upon the fairness of representativity.
Complaining over the fairness of 10 characters when
half of the candidates can not technically provide a
fully professional candidacy statement is ridiculous.

If the validity of my candidacy is impaired by the
length of my statement, and by adding a short
description of my contributions while it was written
nowhere it was forbidden, then I think I am not
interested in being a candidate anymore, and you may
strike my name Danny. I am not here to play
seek-and-hide game.