[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia Communs

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu May 27 10:52:48 UTC 2004

Michael Snow wrote:
> Readily. In this instance, since posts in French are unusual, I think a
> reasonable case can be made that writing in French actually drew more
> attention than writing in English. That helped accomplish the two things
> my post addressed - promoting the use of foundation-l as the mailing
> list for Wikimedia-wide projects, and highlighting the fact that Jimbo
> wasn't receiving messages from this mailing list. I think both
> situations have significantly improved.

Until yesterday (I think it was yesterday) I did not realize that I was
not getting messages from this list, and I did not realize that there was
an active conversation here!  I thought that foundation-l was just a good
idea that had not yet taken off!  I thought there were no discussions here.

So now I am behind and have to read to catch up.

--Jimbo