[Foundation-l] Re:Wikimedia Communs

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Tue May 25 12:33:00 UTC 2004

"Anthere" <anthere9 at yahoo.com> schrieb:

> André. Pause réflexion. Un vrai leader évite de
> perpétuellement marcher sur les pieds des autres. Il
> leur laisse de la place pour s'exprimer, parfois même
> il s'efface pour laisser les autres s'occuper d'un
> projet qui leur tient à coeur. Il évite de créer des
> rancoeurs :-) Enfin, juste ma triste opinion. ant

You may be right, but I guess that all it shows is that
I'm no 'vrai leader'.

Apart from that, I would happily not only let Eloquence
have his pet project, but even help him with it. But in
exchange I would like to get mine.

I want this, I have wanted it for many months. I have
made proposals to implement it, and all I need is to
get a wiki set up. Nothing. And then Eloquence comes
with his proposal and I think "Yes! Now it's going to
happen!" And then we get into discussion and I hear
that we might be able to get this in 3 months when
everyone helps. That's where I break.

I don't know what I should do now. Part of me says that
I should just keep quiet and come back when my help is
needed. Part of me wants to keep bickering, hoping
people agree. And part of me says to let people go to
hell, and just hijack one of those unused Wikis on
wikimedia and do my thing.

Andre Engels