[Foundation-l] Wiktionary, general thoughts

Imran Ghory imran at bits.bris.ac.uk
Sun May 16 15:39:51 UTC 2004

On Sun, 16 May 2004, Timwi wrote:
> Am I the only one who thinks this is unbelievably redundant?

I agree totally (but then again I thought that (the english) wiktionary
should only define english words in English), but there's not much that
can be done about it, becuase words in differnet langauges aren't
reflective. That is just because A in language 1 means B in language 2, it
doesn't mean B in language 2 means A in language 1. So it's not possible
to have a single list that's shared by many languages.

Imran
--
http://bits.bris.ac.uk/imran