[Foundation-l] Elections for the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation

Imran Ghory imran at bits.bris.ac.uk
Mon May 10 22:47:53 UTC 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Anthere wrote:

> I do have an even more accurate question...
> I hope that Jimbo will bring light on this :-)
> What are the 2 elected people supposed to do...as part
> of their mandatory work. And in particular, is there
> really a difference between the two of them...which
> mean what is the Contributing Active Member
> Representative supposed to really do compared to the
> other one ?

Well at a basic level they represent the group that elected them, at a
practical level their exact duties has yet to be decided and will probably
remain undecided until after we have a full board (i.e. post-elections)

> If the current definition of the two posts does not
> make any different *right now*, why should we make a
> difference in the elections ?

One important point is that whoever is elected as CAMR will know that come
re-election they will have a different electorate to the one that elected
them in.

As some  people only want to stand for one position or the other, and also
as we want the two positions treated distinctly we decided to have two
seperate elections.

Imran
--
http://bits.bris.ac.uk/imran