[Foundation-l] Elections for the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 19:39:04 UTC 2004

--- Peter Jaros <rjaros at shaysnet.com> wrote:
> On May 10, 2004, at 2:42 PM, Anthere wrote:
>
> > And in particular, is there
> > really a difference between the two of them...which
> > mean what is the Contributing Active Member
> > Representative supposed to really do compared to the
> > other one ?

> Another question. :)  It's not really clear from what I've read
> whether the Volunteer Active Member on the board can be a
> Contributing Active Member.  From the bylaws, it sounds like all
> Contributing Active Members are Volunteer Active Members.

Chris Mahan scribbled:
The contributing active member rep. represents those who have
contributed financially to the foundation.
The volunteer member rep. represents those who are volunteers.

The active members are also volunteers, and they get to vote for
both.

It is possible that there are cases where financial contributors to
the foundation are not actually using the site and volunteering in
the projects. For those cases I suppose they would vote only for the
contributing active rep.

=====
Christopher Mahan
chris_mahan at yahoo.com