[Foundation-l] Re: Wiktionaries for all!

Peter Gervai grin at grin.hu
Wed May 5 11:46:50 UTC 2004

On Tue, 04 May 2004 13:13:00 +1000, Tim Starling
<ts4294967296 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  > Which language.php does it use? It should be updated as well.
>
> It uses the same language as the associated Wikipedia

<obsolete>
I am confused. does that language have now separate entries for wiktionary?
(I guess it doesn't.)
The same isn't usable since all "wikipedia" strings have to changed to the
name of wiktionary, including namespace name, and many strings haver to be
changed because they should link to wikipedia (like copyright, disclaimer,
etc).

What is the suggested way to make these changes?
</obsolete>

What is the suggested way to change the name of 'wikipedia:' namespace
anyway?

[ We're in the middle of guessing a better name for hu.wiktionary since
the english
form is almost impossible to use in plain hungarian text environment ;)
This probably
would require a logo change, so I ask it beforehand: how to get that done
then? ]

>  > Which list shall I use for further questions?
>
> It's probably more relevant to foundation-l.

Yes, sir! :)

>  > Also, the updated lng file for the Polish Wiktionary was uploaded to
>  > http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/LanguageWiktionaryPL.php a month ago.
>
> I'll look into that.

Hmm, seems to have a separate language file then. ;-) I'll check.

Peter
--
Now using M2, Opera's e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/