[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Commons & Single Sign On

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue May 4 06:27:24 UTC 2004

I have created a more detailed proposal on the Wikimedia Commons (shared
media wiki):

http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Commons

I have added a mock-up of a redesigned upload form which addresses the
copyright issue, IMHO in a smarter way than the simple multiline upload
form that is currently active on test.wikipedia.org.

The page also includes an implementation strategy for single sign-on. If
we implement the commons, that would also be the logical time to implement
SSO, as the requirements are related and the Commons would obviously
benefit from it.

I hope we can move forward with this, but I need volunteers:
* people who are willing to help with the implementation
* people who improve the proposal and related documents
* people who spread the word about this proposal and get other people
involved.

If you think you can do any of this, or anything else, please add your
name in the "Who wants to help?" section. If I have to do it alone I'll do
it, but in that case I won't do single sign-on and most of the advanced
stuff that is discussed on the page.

If we do this together, I suggest adding the relevant changes to the
MediaWiki roadmap for 1.4.

Regards,

Erik