[Foundation-l] Re:Information

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 19:56:43 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:

> * When a change is made in the purpose of donations,
> could it be mentionned on foundation-l (rather than
> only on en:) so that all projects could change the
> initial purposes given by Jimbo ?

Can you explain what you mean here?  There has been no
change made in
the purpose of donations, and there is no change
planned.

--Jimbo

I mean this

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Main_Page&diff=3428085&oldid=3418941

which led to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Wikipedia:Donations&action=history

-----

Now, I support paper edition entirely, but till now,
it was not written that donations would support making
paper edition. Some people also told me that paper
edition could be supported by publishers, not by
donations.
So, I would like that this is confirmed before we add
to main pages that donations will (for example) be
used for such a purpose.

For this reason, I removed the notes both from the
main page and the donation page.

-----

Whatever the use made of donations, it would be best
that all wikipedias display the same type of messages
(ie, that we do not have one wikipedia saying
donations are used for hardware, while another says
that donations are used to purchase domain names, and
a third that it is for print editions.

When I set the french page, I strictly translated the
information you gave by email. It is here
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikip%C3%A9dia%3ADonations#Objectifs_d'utilisation_%C3%A0_court_terme

Perhaps we need a central template for this; because
this is external information, one that is a display of
our professionalism and seriousness and reliability.
It is best that we show consistent information on all
wikipedias.

------

imho.
Sorry for having been upset this morning, but I am a
bit disappointed that we can't succeed to improve our
communication all together :-( I think this is
important. But right, I know, we are all volunteers
and we just try to do our best :-) Sorry for my bad mood.