[Foundation-l] A question to all board candidates...

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 08:21:14 UTC 2004

--- Yann Forget <yann at forget-me.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Le Saturday 29 May 2004 17:52, Angela a écrit :
> >
> > > A user from a rather minor wikipedia contact the
> > > foundation mailing list, to ask for help on
> setting
> > > a local association ...
> > > Question : what do you do ?
> >
> > I would suggest she read [[m:Starting up a local
> > Wikimedia chapter]].
> >
> > Oh... except that page doesn't exist yet. :)
> >
> > It would be great if those who have been working
> on
> > starting up the French and German associations
> could
> > help to create such a page. It could be a record
> of
> > their experiences and a collection of advice for
> all
> > future users wanting to set up chapters in their
> own
> > local area.
>
> I started such a page.
> Help welcome. ;o)

http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starting_up_a_local_Wikimedia_chapter

Sorry Yann, but the page in that condition is not
gonna help a lot. And just starting it and waiting for
people to fill it will not solve the problem easily.

> I am probably the one most interested by setting up
> a local chapter of the
> foundation in France.

Please, explain to the foundation list, exactly why
*you* want to start an association. Those who want one
have various reasons to do so (see Jeff comment on les
amis de Wikipedia), so I would like that you explain
the best you can what your goals are :

Please, explain what is your vision of what the french
association should be in the short term (immediate
needs it will fullfil)

Explain then what you think it should become and aim
at (say in the 5 years or 10 years)

And explain what you intend to do in the association
(what your role is, which position you wish to hold)

And finally, explain which other positions or
abilities are needed to complement your ow abilities,
and should absolutely be necessary to have for the
association to work properly

Anthere