[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia Communs

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Mon May 31 05:16:00 UTC 2004

"Erik Moeller" <erik_moeller at gmx.de> schrieb:

> Well, this doesn't address my technical concerns - makes single sign-on
> more difficult to add when an account database already exists, existing
> images will have to be duplicated again - and I fear that in terms of
> policy, it would make things even worse when only a small group of people
> sets the initial project policies.

I don't see why single sign-on should be easier to implement on 300 existing
Wikis and 1 new one than on 301 existing ones. Duplication is going on anyway,
and waiting to start this up until there's a significant number of people
sounds self-defeating. Besides, policy has been discussed for months already,
and practice at other projects is that it's formulated by the few people
who start it anyway.

Andre Engels