[Foundation-l] EasyTimeline and WikiHiero enabled on all wikis

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Mon May 31 00:36:00 UTC 2004

EasyTimeline by Erik Zachte is an extension for creating graphical
timelines with clickable links. WikiHiero by Guillaume 'Aoineko' Blanchard
is for rendering hieroglyphs. Both are now enabled on all Wikimedia wikis.

As per our earlier extension syntax vote, EasyTimeline uses the <timeline>
syntax, WikiHiero uses the <hiero> syntax.

You can read more about them here:
http://test.wikipedia.org/wiki/EasyTimeline
http://test.wikipedia.org/wiki/WikiHiero

To my knowledge, MediaWiki is the only wiki software which supports such
functionality. It should make our wikis interesting even in the highest
academic circles.

Although EasyTimeline can generate SVG output, only PNG output is
currently supported. In the future, we hope to offer SVG as a user
preference.

Regards,

Erik